How did this pass judgment? I demand a refund.
At least that replay button had some decent code. Could've been better though (less repeats).
Would've given it only 3 stars, but Synj's voice is just too sexy.
youre the one who made the coding dont tell me it could have been better aaaaaaaa111111111ggeagagdbddehhhh
A queer parody for those who understand it
First off, I love the Excitebike music. It was a tad loud compared to movies, but it doesn't really matter. It set the mood very well.
Everyone did a fine job with theirs. :P My favorites were Tom's torque bow, and Dan's nice parody of what goes on during a Gears match. If you've played Gears, or most other team games, you'd be familiar with the humping that goes on when a player is AFK. Girdlock isn't my favorite map but it's a nice little recreation of it. Utah's Tankmen-esque short also stood out.
Not the best animation, but parodies don't need that. The drawings were fitting, some quite detailed, and the jokes were well done!
You are a true artist!
You don't sell out, you don't use NG to simply promote yourself or your site (I realize there was a credit to your site, but that is not shameless promotion), and you don't take no guff from nobody! You make what you want not what other people want, and that's highly commendable!
I love peacetank.. I hope he grows wings and drops a giant flower nuke on the world.
Haha, funny stuff!
Haha, this is great. I only wish it were longer! That gel's got a girly body, and nice braids!
Very Conan O'Brien!
Heh heh, since I can't respond to portal reviews, I'll just adress some stuff here!
- Illegible text: The movie I made had perfectly legible professional comic book lettering (I've been doing comic books for 10 eyars), but the font screwed up on T0MMY's computer and the updated file wasn't accepted since T0MMY barely missed the 5000 view cut off. I'm really sorry about the text folks. Tom has no answered emails and the NG staff in charge of reviewing file updates has not yet reviewed the new file.
- Ryle looks like the AOL guy: I'm taking a jab at stick movies here, folks. If you've ever seen stick movies with large sticks, they tend to look like the AOL guy. I was parodying that.
- Dustball composed all the music, including the beginning stick fight music. If it seems similar to Anitomica Returns, that's because stick movies tend to sound have soundtrack that sound that way. He was told to make stick fighty music and that's what he created.
- Priscilla, Dustball's wife, did the voice for Simone. Her voice isn't the only sexy thing about her!
- Yes, you can move the sticks around. That's not a glitch, I had to code that myself!
- Sorry about the sticks overlapping the letterbox and navbar, but trust me, it's pretty unfixable. Whatever you think you know about layers, virtual cameras, navbars, or AS-drawing, just know that it would take a TON of work to get them behind the letterbox and navbar.
- The philosophy isn't garbage or nonsense. It's existentialism, and it has to do with the co-existence of sticks and full figures. Just because you don't fully understand it doesn't make it "bullshit." Sartre had a viewpoint, Ryle had a viewpoint, and Simone had her own which mirrored both Ryle and Sartre. Yes, her eyes do glow green at the end. What evil lies ahead?!
- Like T0MMY has mentioned in the updated author's comments, we only had two weeks to do this. Jerm and I both had quite a busy schedule and this does not truly reflect our best work. It's our best work, within a two week time constraint. Ask Adam Phillips to make a full movie himself in two weeks while maintaining his day job and I don't think you'll end up with Prowlies at the River.
And now, a little review of Jerm's movie, which I voted for.
I got to see an alternate version of this movie and I must say that T0MMY did forget to include the opening scene, which I relaly liked. It had the credits in it (giving Evil Dog credit for the music and setting up the atmostphere very well). The movie does a great job creating a sense of suspense and intrigue, but it quickly falls flat at the end. The movie was still building up when it abruptly ended and weened out. The animation was very good, and having seen your more action oriented animation in the past, I really think you should have gone with the action this time. Anyway, see you in a future battle, buddy!
Thanks to everyone for watching, and thanks to those who donate money!
I've always liked this song, and you've made a movie with it. I'd like to point out that it's a song by Corky and the Juice Pigs, not Tenacious D.
I'd have given sound a higher score, but the sound quality was soooo low. You don't need to compress it THAT much.
By the way, sinc eyou were curious, I found your movie because you reviewed my movie and I checked your profile.
well thanx for lookng at some of my work ^_^ yeah I made this cartoon when i was new to flash and hadent settled dwn inot a style or anything yet. The sound compresing confused me at the time but I am thinking about remaking this toon 1 day
I love me!
So few colors, so much fun! It's 16 Colors of Goodness! What a great game, I mean movie! I mean game!
I've never seen anything like that! The only thing better than watching that is lying in the street holding onto a trashcan while cars drive by and honk at you! I want more peoplemation!
Another three for you.
It's ambitious for you to create this, this neat little rampage. Lots of grunts, not much else though.
I'm the evil Simon Cowell of the animation world. It doesn't matter how much time and effort you put into this, it is just poor quality. A three isn't harsh, it's realistic.
You submitted this a few days ago, and it didn't pass judgement then. You're lucky this is passing judgement.
The one tip I will give you is to learn how to animate. Learn how to make someone jump, how to make them get hit, learn how to draw explosions, learn the pace that Quake characters move at. In the end, this movie is just sad. NG isn't always right, but they are usually pretty good at at least saying something gets a thumbs up or a thumbs down. In this case, thumbs down.
It's not in the length, or the massive amounts of animation, but in the actual product, and this is one fine kenya cartoon.
I waited to review this, just in case I loved it because it was hype, but now i've returned and kenya believe it? I still adore this movie!
I actually find it funnier the more I watch it, and there are quite a few people who haven't matured in their humor yet to appreciate the subtle, but constant humor is your movie. Obviously tigers aren't in Kenya, it's a joke. Norway's main export also isn't trees, but it's funny.
Two tiny complaints kept it from getting a 10 from me. For something that I will watch over and over again, the sound quality could have been better. Sure, you've got bragging rights for making a 350KB movie that can be watched for a while, and that's good for those on dialup (like Norwegians), but 500KB would have been fine too.
The other thing is the sound synchronization. I've got a suped up, speedy, kenya fast computer, and because the sound is event synched and not streamed, it's not locked to specfic frames, thereby noticably coming out of synch after it's been running for about 10 minutes.
Other than those things, your ability to create something so short that is also so kenya, with tasty giraffe flavored graphics and a unique and funny singing kenya style, is highly commendable. This movie has not negatively affected me in any way.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.